We are currently working on adding new ways to donate to this site. In the mean time, you can find our text-to-donate number and other ways to support our work below.
Text to Donate
Text SLF to 70085 to donate £5. Texts will cost the donation amount plus one standard network rate message.
Raise funds as you shop!
The SLF are signed up with Amazon Smile. If you are interested in a portion of the proceeds from your Amazon purchases being donated to the SLF, then you can sign up using the link below.
To donate to the SLF though Amazon Smile, you will need to:
- Go to the Smile webpage using the link above
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Search for the Safer Living Foundation charity and click ‘select’
- Use the web address ‘smile.amazon.co.uk’ to shop
Once completed, any Amazon purchases you make using the above address will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price (exc. VAT) to the SLF.
The SLF have also teamed up with Give as You Live. If you sign up and select the Safer Living Foundation as your chosen charity you could be donating money just by doing your normal online shop! They support over 4000 retailers including Tesco, John Lewis and thousands more!!
Get donating in three simple steps!
- Sign up by selecting the Safer Living Foundation as your chosen charity here
- When shopping online, search for your chosen retailer on the Give as You Live website and click the link to the retailer – this way Give as You Live will track your purchase and make an automatic donation to our charity
- You can also download a donation reminder tool here, which means you don’t actually have to go through the Give as You live website. The tool will simply pop up when you are on an eligible retail website and you just click to turn it on so that it records your shop. It only takes a second to install!
Type of gifts
There are three main types of gift you can leave to the SLF in your Will.
We suggest you speak to someone with legal knowledge to help you make the decision that’s right for you. Every gift makes a different to our charity and we want you to leave the right gift for your circumstances.
- A Residuary Gift
This is where you set aside a portion of all your remaining estate after funeral expenses, debts and other gifts in the Will have been paid.
- A Pecuniary Gift
This is a gift of a specified sum of money. All gifts make a real different to the charity, but it’s worth remembering that the eventual value of this type of gift is likely to be impacted by inflation.
- A Specific Gift
This is a gift of a specific, named item. For example, it could be property or car.
The wording needed:
“I give the sum of £ (or specific percentage of estate) to the Safer Living Foundation (registered charity number 1155788). I declare that the receipt of the honorary treasurer, or other proper officer of the said charity, shall be a full and sufficient discharge for the said legacy. in the event the aforesaid charity shall no longer exist at the date of my death, I give the legacy to (other registered charity).
Your gift will help us prevent future victims of sexual abuse and create a safer society.
When you have had time to reflect and discuss your decision with those close to you, we’d love to know your intentions as it will help us plan for the future. So, if you wish, please let us know via email or telephone.
Telephone: +44 (0)1949 803 234
Previous Fundraising Events
Charity Fun Day!
The Safer Living Foundation held a fundraising event in collaboration with Carrington Solicitors in an effort to raise money to fund its initiatives on the 15th April 2017. Thank you to all those involved in the event! The funds raised will go towards supporting our prevention project and to help with general running costs for the charities initiatives.
How Many Miles!
How Many Miles Fundraising Event in aid of The Safer Living Foundation – a Circles Charity
Well done to everyone who took part in this event on Saturday 12 July 2014